Department of Marine Sciences
3202 Venable Hall, CB# 3300
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3300
http://www.unc.edu/~haines -- Work Page
Technical and Research Interests
- Manage data for near real time environmental monitoring sensors and systems.
- Development of data acquisition methods and systems.
- Parsing techniques and display of observed data from different sensors and platforms.
- Engineer automated software to process, quality control, and publish real-time observations from meteorological buoys, wave and current meters, and surface current radar.
- NCCOOS, SECOORA -- ongoing
- NC Wind Energy, Long Bay Wintertime Blooms -- current
- COAST, SEACOOS, Q2O (QARTOD2OGC) -- recent
- SABSOON, MBL, El Nino, SYNOP -- past
- Research Associate, Department of Marine Sciences, UNC-CH (1997-present)
- Research Assistant, Department of Marine Sciences, UNC-CH (1989-1991, 1992-1997)
- Student Research Assistant, Department of Geology, UNC-CH (1987-1989)
- M.S. in geology. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1989.
- B.S. in geology, University of Oregon, 1985.